Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dahil Tayo'y Bata (Because There's a Child in Us)

Nobody is getting any younger. Even the kids of today would later talk about the goodness and sadness of yesterday; in bisaya, we say "mag sigeg istoryag gahapon". I'm only 26. I'm still within the "youth" age bracket and I am happy to have already experienced great things (including great trials) in life at my age. But of course, like many young people, I also worry about where life would lead me. It's normal I guess, but as a theater teacher I am glad that I am always reminded of the great lesson on how to stay young and feel young - to have a child-like heart. It also led to the creation of the song "Dahil Tayo'y Bata", which I wrote last year. I am glad I was able to immediately record it because it was my purpose to let my friends listen to this song as my way of sharing the great lesson I learned.


Arranged by Kim Tinambacan

No comments:

Post a Comment