Sunday, October 17, 2010

Juan almost spoiled the plan

YATTA was expecting visitors from CEBU last Friday, Oct 15. We were also supposed to perform for them in the evening. However, their trip to Dumaguete was canceled because of Typhoon Juan. We were a little surprised by such news because it was sunny in Dumaguete last Friday and also yesterday. But when it rained really hard last night, I was convinced that there's indeed a typhoon (I don't watch local TV news programs anymore).

According to PAGASA, Typhoon Juan was last located at 320 km East of Aparri, Cagayan as of 8PM today, and it had a "maximum sustained winds of 225 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 260 kph". It is now moving westward at 22 kph with an estimated central pressure of 938 hpa.

Geeeeeeeee!!! I can finally feel it!

This afternoon I sang in the church service and I was planning to go to nanay Dessa's house after for the YATTA officers meeting. I wanted to focus on my song but prior to my singing I received several text messages from the officers bothered about the heavy rainfall. One officer said she can't come because of the rain while the other one suggested to move the meeting schedule. Another officer suggested to change the venue because it's difficult for her to go to nanay's place with the heavy rain. It bothered me so much that I was afraid my singing will be affected. And so I closed my eyes and tried to focus. I said a little prayer and decided to ignore the messages for a while. I sang and focused on the lyrics of the song. There was a part of the song that says "When the winds of winter threatens, I know He'll keep me safe and warm. And through the restless changing seasons, He's the peace that still endures". And voilaahhh!!! After I sang, the rain stopped.

Considering the weather, I announced that the venue of the meeting will be changed for everybody's convenience. Thank God! Typhoon Juan was not able to spoil our plan. Only one officer was absent in the meeting, and so I was able to declare a QUORUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment