Monday, October 18, 2010

Lolo B loves OPM

Here is a favorite OPM of mine, "Sana'y Wala ng Wakas" popularized by Sharon Cuneta and written and composed by Willy Cruz.

La Diva has one of the best renditions of this song with an excellent arrangement by Danny Tan. La Diva is composed of GMA-7 singing contest winners Aicelle Santos, Jonalyn Viray, and Maricris Garcia. They are some of the most underrated Filipina singers, in my opinion. 

Aicelle for me has the most unique voice quality. I was very impressed with her rendition of Yolanda Adam's version of "I believe I can fly" - very classy! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1rmiDjCIhM)

Jonalyn is the better belter though, and her versions of The Impossible Dream and Mariah's I Wanna Know What Love Is are just absolutely superb. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUb7T3Pidig)

Maricris is my lesser favorite but apparently she makes La Diva sound perfect.
 

I have seen a lot of potentials in these girls, and I think they are precious gems that the Philippines must take good care of.

Danny Tan must be very proud after this performance because the girls were able to give justice to his work. KUDOS TO DANNY TAN and LA DIVA. This makes me proud to be a Filipino.

Enjoy the video!




(thanks to x06xjhemjive for the video)

No comments:

Post a Comment