Thursday, October 14, 2010

Lolo Bastruk Starts Blogging

I dedicate this blog to my grandpas.

I never had good memories with my grandpas. Lolo Victor died before I was born, and Lolo Ramon...I can only remember his face, his smile in particular. He died for almost a decade now. I never had a close relationship with my grandfather, which made it difficult for me the first time I played the role of Lolo Bastruk. Now, having played such a character for more than ten shows already, I begin to wonder how it could have been if I had enough time spent with my Lolos.

Many people, even street kids in Dumaguete call me "lolo". At first it felt awkward, but remembering how beautiful the character of Lolo Bastruk is, it makes me proud. Perhaps in this new blog I can share with you some good thoughts, ideas, experiences, and stories like Lolo Bastruk can. Let us enjoy it here and don't hesitate to share your thoughts too.

2 comments: